A concert to launch the Barn Believers Community Project Fund held at the Battle Creek Community Foundation
The Barn Believers Community Project Fund informs, inspires, and connects people with traditional barns to encourage their continuing use in agriculture, community, and the economy
The Fund has been created to give all who love traditional barns, a way to make a difference in saving more of them. It was created because so many of us say time and again, “I love barns. I wish…” followed by words like “…there was a way to save them.” or, “…I could do something” or “…more people understood how important and wonderful they are.” This is our chance to transform wishes into reality.
Here are a few of the many wonderful things the Barn Believers Fund will do:
- Thrill children with visits to real barns to learn their stories and be awed by them;
- Bring barn history and wide-ranging education into classrooms;
- Provide barn tours for children of all ages to rekindle memories and make new ones;
- Support feasibility studies to determine whether a threatened barn might be given new life in a nonprofit use or setting;
- Teach techniques for repairing and maintaining barns and giving them new uses;
- Help historical societies preserve collections related to farm and barn history;
- Help citizen groups formed to save a barn pursue and achieve their important mission; and
- More that has yet to be discovered!
Make a positive difference. Become a Barn Believer. Thank you, on behalf of the beautiful barns that helped build this nation and deserve to live and be enjoyed for generations to come.
With our thanks
Jan Corey Arnett and Barn Believers
- The Barn Believers Fund is a financial resource with a designated purpose. It is not a new barn organization with programs it offers or operates. It does not have members or dues.
- Resources of the Barn Believers Fund may be awarded to 501c3 organizations for barn-focused purposes.
- The Barn Believers Fund is held with a professionally-staffed foundation which works closely with all aspects of its management.
- Decisions about the use of the Barn Believers Fund are made by a small advisory board chosen by its founders. These individuals bring a variety of skills and viewpoints to the process.
- Fund resources may not be used by private citizens to make repairs to privately-owned barns.
The Barn Believers Community Project Fund is held at the Battle Creek Community Foundation.
Please let parking staff know if you need assistance getting to the Theatre. Help will be provided.
Want to donate?
Visit http://www.bccfoundation.org/giving/Barn-Believers to donate online.